COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) – The Columbus Children’s Book Festival returns this Saturday and will include appearances from four top authors and illustrators.
The free event will take place at the Columbus Public Library from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Officials say the authors will be available for autographs and meetings at the following times:
- Marc Brown – creator of the book series and television series arthur (10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.)
- Christian Robinson – artist and animator for Pixar and sesame street (10:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.)
- Janet Tashjian – author of My life of… and Einstein the class hamster (10.45 a.m. and 12 p.m.)
- Jarret J. Krosoczka – author of hey kid and author/illustrator of Lunch Lady, Star Wars: Jedi Academy series (11:00 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.)
On Friday, eight schools in the region will receive a visit from one of the four authors/illustrators honored this year.
Participants will also have the chance to see artists and participate in crafts and games, including:
- Craft-o-mania!, with many manual and fun activities inspired by authors
- Simple Steps Garden, a special play and craft area for the youngest visitors (birth to five years old)
- Festival Bookstore, featuring works by authors that you can buy for autographs or just to have
- Costumed figures wandering the grounds
- DJs, Balloon Flyers, Petting Zoo, Muscogee County Sheriff Gaming Trailer
Officials also plan to introduce a new add-on to this year’s event, Wacky Word Challenge. They say ten words will be hidden in places in the festival and participants will use a decoding tablet to write down the words and crack a secret code word. All members of your family will receive a small prize and be entered into a draw for a VISA gift card. Plus, you’ll automatically earn points towards your first completion in the Chattahoochee Valley Libraries Summer Learning Challenge.
The Columbus Children’s Book Festival is presented by Chattahoochee Valley Libraries staff.
Copyright 2022 WTVM. All rights reserved.