Book signings — Tom and Lindy Schneider “College Secrets of Highly Successful People” and “Starfish on the Beach” and Katie McQuaid, “Everybody Loves Grace,” 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Covered Treasures Bookstore, 105 Second St., Monument; 719-418-2665, treasurescovered.com.
Whitney Anderson— Signing of his Picture Book Collection, 2-4 p.m. May 14, Covered Treasures Bookstore, 105 Second St., Monument; 719-418-2665, covered treasures.com.
Book signings — Jeanette Minniti “The Only Way Home” and Tim Jones and Rocky Schokley “Easy Hikes to the Hidden Past,” 5-8 p.m. May 19, Covered Treasures Bookstore, 105 Second St., Monument; 719-418-2665, covered treasures.com.
HOT COMES OFF THE PRESS
Recent offers from regional authors:
• “Teaching Techniques for the Elementary Teacher” by Erin Christensen. Published by: Dorrance Publishing Co. Summary: Educators will learn engaging strategies for teaching, classroom management, and building and maintaining relationships with students.
Children’s Literacy Center — 719-471-8672 kids Literacycenter.org.
Digital Hoop — Pikes Peak Library District customers can use Hoopla Digital for free access to videos, music and audiobooks from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Apple TV; hoopladigital.com.
E-books and more — Free e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines with PPLD library card. Click CyberShelf at ppld.org.
Pikes Peak Library District: ppld.org.
• Calhan, 600 Bank Street.
• Cheyenne Mountain, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain, 230 S. Main St.
• High Prairie, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs, 515 Manitou Ave.
• Monument, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive
• Old Colorado City, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake, 66 Lower Glenway
• Penrose, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass, 8010 Severy Ave, Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE