Book talk with Pemba Sherpa — Author of “Bridging Worlds: A Sherpa’s Story,” 4:30 p.m. June 16, Cherokee Ranch & Castle, 6113 N. Daniels Park Road, Sedalia, $32.50. Tickets: Cherokee ranch.org.
Friends of the Pikes Peak Library District Literary Awards Luncheon – Jim Fergus will receive the Frank Waters Award and John Wesley Anderson will receive the Golden Quill Award, 11:30 a.m. June 18, DoubleTree Hotel, 1775 E. Cheyenne Mountain Road, $45-$50, $360 for a table of eight. Reservations required before June 10: tinyurl.com/bmwafcms.
Juneteenth, Pride and Black Music Month Storytime — Noon-2 p.m. June 18, America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive. Registration: tinyurl.com/48etvvz3.
mountain of authors – With Showcase Author Tables, featuring local authors from the Pikes Peak area who will have their books available for purchase, 3 p.m. June 18, 21c Library, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive; ppld.org/moa.
HOT COMES OFF THE PRESS
Recent offers from regional authors:
• “Donnie the Donkey: A Colorado Tale” by Bill Comer. Published by Christian Faith Publishing. PLOT: The story of a donkey in the mountains of Colorado named Bonnie who lives during the gold rush days. She has a minor who takes good care of her. Bonnie has a great life, but she has some unexpected surprises.
Children’s Literacy Center — 719-471-8672, children Literacycenter.org.
E-books and more — Free e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines with PPLD library card. Click CyberShelf at ppld.org.
Pikes Peak Library District: ppld.org.
• Calhan, 600 Bank Street.
• Cheyenne Mountain, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain, 230 S. Main St.
• High Prairie, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs, 515 Manitou Ave.
• Monument, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive
• Old Colorado City, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake, 66 Lower Glenway
• Penrose, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass, 8010 Severy Ave, Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE